Sunday, July 26, 2009

FRINGE - The Saints

The audition notice for Dizzy Miss Lizzie's Roadside Review asked for musicians to prepare two songs in which you accompanied yourself on your instrument. Unfortunately for me there aren't very many bass / vocal tunes out there. The first song was an obvious choice, "The Joker" by Steve Miller...."some people call me the space cowboy"...but I could not think of another song. The day of the audition I was driving around and had my Ipod on shuffle and Smokey Robinson's "Tracks of My Tears" came on. I knew right away I could pull it off and a few months later I found myself on stage in The Saints!

I really enjoyed this show. For me, it was mostly a bass show but I did get two featured songs which was very cool. The cast was amazing and it was great opportunity to work with some folks I hadn't hung out with since the Toby's days....a couple of years. We're doing a couple of showcase kind of things over the next month or so and there is talk of remounting the show eventually if the right venue and circumstance can be found. I hope it works out!

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Such a great show!