FRIDAY
5:00pm - Finish work at the bar.
6:00pm - Arrive at Gonzaga College High School in DC (Educating Young Men in the Jesuit Tradition since 1821....who knew?). Time to rock the Freshmen Retreat!
6:45pm - Look at the set list and realize that there are three new songs. No problem. I've played them before. Who needs a rehearsal!?!
7:20pm - The gig starts. 200 freshmen boys jumping up and down. Temperature in the room immediately reaches 100 degrees.
7:25pm - Boys start moshing. I take the mic...."What's the first rule of rock concert etiquette!?! If someone falls down....we pick them up!" Wow! That almost sounded like a sermon. I just didn't need to see anyone get trampled.
8:15pm - Band decides to play Miley Cyrus' "Party In The U.S.A." Problem is I've never heard the song before....yeah, I'm old. Faking thru a song you know is one thing....faking thru a song you've never heard is an adventure all its own.
8:30pm - Gig ends. Taco Bell time!!!
SATURDAY
2:30pm - A visit to Washington Music Center to pick up a tuner, gig bag for my new acoustic and new bass strings. Turns out The Understudies won a $100 gift card to the store for making it to the finals of the Battle Of The Bands and Jammin' Java three years ago. Time to redeem it!
4:30pm - Arrive at Right Coast Pro Wrestling for that evening's event.
7:00pm - Show begins. Perform the National Anthem with my friend, Frank. He's in the ring on trumpet and I'm accompanying him on keys back by the sound board.
7:30pm - "The Mexican Hardcore Champ" Pedro Duro is victorious in his match against Mozart Fontaine. He is accompanied by his mariachi band (featuring Frank and me)....it was epic!!
SUNDAY
9:30am - Church gig.
3:00pm - Time for the NFL playoffs and much beer!
A crazy, cool weekend! What did you do?


No comments:
Post a Comment