Monday, January 7, 2013

House Of Rock

This first week of 2013 has been pretty crazy.  First there was the whole bronchitis thing.....and while I'm dealing with that turns out that I've got four gigs in four days.  I barely made thru Friday night's show with The Project.  After resting up on Saturday, I hauled out to the House of Rock in White Marsh for a gig with The Understudies on Sunday.  

It was kind of a weird show....a benefit for a friend's family.  The whole thing was a little controversial because the before-mentioned friend is currently serving time in prison for a drunk driving related accident.  Some folks kinda bristled at the whole event and I can't say that I blame them but, regardless of these particular circumstances, I felt comfortable about helping out a friend who had shown me kindness on several occasions when we worked together.  Another weird thing about the show was that our set time was right in the middle of the Ravens playoff game.  Subsequently, not a big crowd.  Thirdly, we had a fill-in guitarist.

In the end, it all turned out ok.   We played pretty well and got a really great response for those in attendance.  Also, they've got good burgers at The House Of Rock!

No comments: