Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Brontes at The Kennedy Center

 Monday evening, The Kennedy Center's Millennium Stage series featured a familiar show.....The Brontes.   Yup, that same show from this past summer's Fringe festival.  It definitely has turned into the little show that could. 

It was a long day as we had to load-in, tech-in and rehearse as much of the show as time would allow, all before the performance began at 6pm.  I felt pretty calm through all of it until about thirty minutes before curtain, at which time I got a little nervous.  Actually a lot nervous.  The most nervous I've been in my experience with this show.   Usually I only get nerves like that when I'm unsure about something in the show or if I feel unprepared or something.  In this case, it was the fact that I was about to perform at the freakin' Kennedy Center.  A big deal for me.
 
The show was a great success!  We had a big crowd and the performance went really well.  If you'd like to watch the performance, you can check it out HERE.

A day later, I was thinking about things a little.  In my time, I've had the opportunity to perform at a lot of cool places.....

Lincoln Center
Merriweather Post Pavillion
First Mariner Arena

....and now, The Kennedy Center.

Not too bad!

No comments: