Monday, August 15, 2011

Wrapping Up Everything

It is truly hard to believe that it's over. Yeah, I know, it sounds a little cliche. Although we only rehearsed for three weeks and the show ran for five weeks, I was first contacted about auditioning for F@#king Up Everything back in February, so it's been a part of of my consciousness for a while now.

At first I had to turn the show down because of some other commitments, but life situations changed and, luckily when they did, they hadn't cast the role of "Tony" yet. I guess bass players who sing and act are hard to find. Very lucky me!Seriously, to have missed the opportunity to do this show would have been a real bummer. The chance to meet and work with work so many talented and wonderful people was truly great. The new friends. Learning all of the songs (yeah, it was a lot of music, but cheat sheets were allowed). The Bong. The Kiss. The discussions of personal hygiene techniques. Every small moment was worth the twisted journey it took me to land in the show.Thanks to all who came to check out the show.....and those who wanted to but couldn't. Thanks to all who made the show happen. Thanks to all who held my hand thru "the process"!

Up next....back in the orchestra pit for Curtains and a couple nights of Grease.

No comments: